Enjoy Our FREE Video Repair Guide for the Apple iPhone 5C Front Camera and Proximity Sensor!
The Apple iPhone 5C Front Camera and Proximity Sensor is composed of 2 different parts. The iPhone proximity sensor is soldered to the front camera, and the 2 parts cannot be replaced independently. If you are having issues with blurry pictures, you may have a scratch on your front glass, and may not need to replace the front camera. In addition, if your screen will not turn off when you place the phone against your face, then you need to replace the proximity sensor using this complete part.
Apple iPhone 5C Front Camera and Proximity Sensor Troubleshooting:
- If your new part has reversed the calibration of your iPhone proximity sensor (screen turns on when placed to your ear), then it is usually a simply matter of recalibrating your device. Perform a soft reset on your device, and this should fix the problem.
- The same is true if your front camera will not work, but your proximity sensor will. If your app is not working at all, then again, a soft reset should fix the issue. If the app is working, but there is no image, check the alignment of your camera. If your camera is off-center, then the frame will block your camera, and give the impression of your camera not working.
- If your pictures look fuzzy, there may be a protective film over the new camera. Open your device again, and remove this film. With your device open, double-check your camera and camera lens for any sign of debris or scratches. These types of scuffs and dirt can also blur your camera.
- If your pictures look distorted while viewing on your device, but after downloading them to your computer they are clear, then your LCD screen has gone bad, not the camera. You will need to replace your LCD to resolve this problem.
- If after this troubleshooting, your part still will not work, you may have a defective or broken part. Contact your source for the parts to see what their warranty will cover. If your parts came from Phone Doctors…
Questions or Comments?
If you have questions regarding our products or services, please use the PRODUCT INQUIRY tab located above. Our support team responds to most questions about our Apple iPhone 5C Front Camera and Proximity Sensor within 24 business hours.
Did you know we have more repair videos on our Phone Doctors YouTube Channel? Don’t forget to rate, comment, and subscribe while you are there. Are you looking for great deals on parts and accessories? Like us on our Phone Doctors Facebook Page for exclusive sales and promotions.
Our Apple iPhone 5C Front Camera and Proximity Sensor is OEM graded. All our products are backed by our Phone Doctors 6 Month Warranty.