I broke my LG G2 Touch Screen Digitizer and LCD Display now what?
This controls both your touch function and your main image display. If your top glass is broken, your touch function is unresponsive, or you have no image display, then this is the part you need. This screen comes with both your top digitizer and your lower LCD fused together for easy assembly.
I replaced my LG G2 Touch Screen Digitizer and LCD Display now it will not work!
- If your digitizer will not respond to touch at all, but your LCD has a picture, reattempt the repair. Make certain your cable was not crimped (folded too much). Crimping causes micro fractures in the thin metal inside a flex cable. Once this metal is cracked, power and other impulses cannot flow through the device.
- If only a select grid of icons will not work on your touchscreen such as the top third, or left side, you may have a cable that is misaligned. Open your device, and if your digitizer plug is off center, you will see problems such as this called “blocking”. Blocking can also happen if either your digitizer cable, or your motherboard plug have missing or bent pins. These pins will need to be put back in place before your device will work again.
- If you have an all white or all black display, start by performing a soft reset on your device. Blank and white screens are usually a sign of the internal software not wanting accept the new parts. A soft reset will clear your device of any temporary data that is blocking your new part from working. If you see…
- Blotches on your display, this is a sign of too much pressure on the screen caused in shipping or during installation. Open your device again, and make certain there is no residual glass from your original broken screen. After clearing your screen, disable your phones “Sleep mode”, and leave your device on a charger for 24 hours. The heat from a constant charge, and the rest of your LCD working can cause the crystals inside your device to move back into place. If you see…
- Lines down your display, or you have only a partially working touch function, then you may have a defective or broken screen. Contact your source for the parts to see what their warranty will cover. If your parts came from Phone Doctors…
If you have questions regarding our products or services, please use the PRODUCT INQUIRY tab located above. Our support team responds to most questions about our LG G2 Touch Screen Digitizer and LCD Display within 24 business hours.
Did you know we have more repair videos on our Phone Doctors YouTube Channel? Don’t forget to rate, comment, and subscribe while you are there. Are you looking for great deals on parts and accessories? Like us on our Phone Doctors Facebook Page for exclusive sales and promotions.
Our LG G2 Touch Screen Digitizer and LCD Display is OEM graded. All our products are backed by our Phone Doctors 180 Day Warranty.