The Apple iPhone 5s Screen Replacement (Digitizer and LCD) controls both your touch function and your main image display. If your top glass is broken, your touch function is unresponsive, or you have no image display, then you need this iPhone 5S replacement screen. This screen comes with both your top digitizer and your lower LCD fused together for easy assembly. This version of the iPhone 5s screen does not include any additional components such as home button assembly, front camera or ear speaker.
Apple iPhone 5s Screen Replacement (Digitizer and LCD) Troubleshooting:
- If you have an all white or all black display, start by performing a soft reset on your device. Blank and white screens are usually a sign of the internal software not wanting accept the new parts. A soft reset will clear your device of any temporary data that is blocking your new part from working.
- Check to see if your screen’s back light is on. If there is no back light in addition to no display, your new LCD is not plugged in correctly. Reattempt the repair, and make certain your new part is fully installed.
- If your digitizer will not respond to touch at all, reattempt the repair, and make certain your cable was not crimped (folded too much). Crimping causes micro fractures in the thin metal inside a flex cable. Once this metal is cracked, power and other impulses cannot flow through the device.
- If only a select grid of icons will not work such as the top third, or left side, you may have a cable that is miss aligned. Open your device, and make certain all the connectors on the flex cable match up. If this plug is off center, you will see problems such as this called “blocking”. Blocking can also happen if either your digitizer cable, or your motherboard plug have missing or bent pins. These pins will need to be put back in place before your device will work again.
- If you see blotches on your display, this is a sign that too much pressure has been applied to the LCD at some time. Open your device again, and make certain there is no residual glass from your original broken screen. After clearing your screen, disable your phones “Sleep mode”, and leave your device on a charger for 24 hours. The heat from a constant charge can cause the crystals inside your device to move back into place.
- If the troubleshooting does not work, or if your screen has lines down your display, then you may have a defective or broken part. Contact your source for the parts to see what their warranty will cover. If your parts came from Phone Doctors…
Questions or Comments?
If you have questions regarding our products or services, please use the PRODUCT INQUIRY tab located above. Our support team responds to most questions about our Apple iPhone 5s Screen Replacement (Digitizer and LCD) within 24 business hours.
Did you know we have more repair videos on our Phone Doctors YouTube Channel? Don’t forget to rate, comment, and subscribe while you are there. Are you looking for great deals on parts and accessories? Like us on our Phone Doctors Facebook Page for exclusive sales and promotions.
Our Apple iPhone 5s Screen Replacement (Digitizer and LCD) is OEM graded. All our products are backed by our Phone Doctors 6 Month Warranty.