Curved…it’s the new flat.
What you are looking at is LG’s new flagship device, the G Flex. This is without a doubt one of the more “unique” devices that are out there and it’s sure to gain a little notoriety because of its attempt to break through the barriers of being flat and boring. I mean, what’s better than being immersed into a 6.0″ curved HD OLED display while you’re out and about? LG boasts that, “When held horizontally, the innovative curved display is engineered to provide an immersive viewing experience at optimal angles, which helps minimize glare from light reflections. Videos will come alive on-screen with bright imagery and less distortion.” The link can be found here.
Ok, so they can curve glass. What about the battery? LG says that they have created, “the world’s first curved battery made to compliment the curved design and slim shape of the LG G Flex.” According to their specs, it boasts a high capacity of 3,500 mAh with up to 29 hours of talk time.
Here’s the whole spec sheet:
- LTE Compatible, hopefully available on AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile later in the Q1 of 2014.
- 6.24 oz or 177g
- 6″ OLED Full color display at 720×1280 resolution
- Android based 4.2.2 JellyBean
- 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad-Core Processor
- Should be available with 32GB of internal storage which 24GB should be available to the user with 2GB of RAM
- Equipped with NFC!
- 13+ Megapixel Auto-Focus, LED Flash Camera with 1080p HD video shooting.
So what do you think? Are you ready for the mighty phone manufacturers to start bending your phone? Do you think it will be comfortable to use? I think the jury is still out on that one.